Sometimes it is simply just hard to believe. My life seems to be on the fast track and that's no joke! Today my youngest daughter Macy turns 9 and I can hardly wrap my mind around it. I literally feel like I have to sit down and slow down, just to take that in! Exhale in - "this is real life" Exhale out - "embrace the moment."
I do this and then I walk into the bedroom of my sweet angel, Macy. I stare at her for a moment, she begins to stir. I know she knows this is her day and as soon as she wakes, its going to be all about her. I touch her cute swollen cheeks, little chipmunk cheeks I tell her. (Last night, late, she was crying in such pain, it was literally painful to watch. She had an infection in the tooth that had been worked on a few weeks ago and she couldn't take the pain anymore. It flared up quickly. Two days ago she said she couldn't chew on the side where her tooth hurt. Yesterday afternoon, we tried to find a dentist but the memorial weekend had started so we thought we could wait til Tuesday. Boy, were we wrong! Last night, I continued to give her Motrin and Tylenol. Finally, she could take it no more. She cried, saying the medicine wasn't working. She cried and cried. I tried to hold her but the pain was too much, she tossed and rolled about. Finally I reached Jed who was playing late games of softball and told him we had to get a hold of a dentist...now. I also asked him to find someone to help admister a blessing, especially if we couldn't find a dentist. Jed got home and to my relief, said "Let's go Macy. Dr. Callister will pull the tooth." So she left with her daddy and her two sisters while Ethan and I put our hands together and offered up a prayer in her behalf. Not too long after, in came Macy. But this time, Macy was smiling with cute little chipmunk cheeks. Dr. Callister said that the infection was horrible, as it drained and drained of infection. He said in all his years he has never seen so much infection come out of a tooth of a child. Her infection was like an adult's worst case. Wow!) She woke and looked in my eyes, with a slight grin, she says I know what today is. I lovingly tickled her and said, Oh happy birthday my Macy! She giggled. Today was her day!
For lunch, we started out saying the things we love about Macy. Everyone gets a turn. Nicholas started out by saying, "I love that Macy is my best pal. She is nice to me." Jed and I both love her sensitivity and her kindness to others. I love her creativity with her American Girl Doll house and the way she writes stories. Ethan said he thinks it's so great how creative she is and he loves how she always seem to be smiling. Emily says she loves her smile, how fun and cute she is. After lunch, we all gathered while she opened her presents. She got a tall horse for her American Girl Doll collection, a stuffed elephant since she collects elephants too, and a colorful jewelry holder which she will use for her "dollhouse".
I don't think Macy could be more pleased. She is so happy. This afternoon, I took Macy to the store to pick out 2 things for her doll collection. She chose a western outfit for the horse and her dolls as well as furniture - a chair, lamp and fish aquarium - that came together. She fell in love with a black girl doll with beautiful dark, curly hair. She told me she wanted her SO bad but I told her I couldn't get it for her with the other things. Suddenly she had an "ahh moment". She said she would pay! So now Macy has another lovely doll. She has named her Cami after her teacher. I suggested Leah but Cami stuck.
Macy is a dear, sweet girl. She is very much a little lady. She loves to do hair and makeup as well as play with her dolls. She is very creative in the things she creates for her dolls and even in her writing. Like Mrs. Lee says, "Macy is so creative in her writing. She is wonderful at the details and feelings of the characters'." Macy has a tender heart. If someone is unkind toward her, she may try to confront the person but if it continues she will walk away, saddened and heartbroken. All the while, trying to keep the tears at bay. She, like her sister Sarah and her aunt Kim, does not like to cry in front of people. She will also stick up for others if people are unkind and she will come to the defense of the victim. She has her heart in the right place.
I'm proud of Macy. I know she is trying to be a good girl, trying to make good choices. She is learning to pray and learning about the Spirit, wanting to trust what she feels. She has taught me to look to the little ones more because its easy to get caught up in the activities of the older kids. She has reminds me to slow down and enjoy the simple things.
I love my dear girl, Macy!
No comments:
Post a Comment