Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sarah takes first in the 100 meter!!



The long anticipated day - District Hershey Track Meet - has arrived for Sarah Jane! Cute Sarah was all nerves and we just watched her with encouraging smiles and butterflies in our bellies (at least mom had 'em!). As she took her place in the semis for the 50 and 100 meter, we watched as the gun went off and she sprinted to the finish in first place. This of course, advanced her to the finals. Sarah ran well in the 50 meter final - just behind a fast girl from Springville - taking second. Right after the race, Sarah went up to her opponent with a smile, gave her pat on the back and graciously congratulated her on a great race - I got a lump in my throat watching her. She was called down for the final in the 100. I wished her well and went near the finish with family who came to cheer her on. The gun went off and the 7 girls exploded. Sarah was ahead of the bunch, running so well. She was clearly ahead (pic at left shows her position) and we were just a hollerin' for her! This was such a fun evening, the weather was fantastic and we so appreciate the family who came to support as well as wonderful encouragement by those out of the area. All in all it was perfect. Great job Sarah!

5 comments:

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Wow! I can't believe it--she is toasting those others! Ha! What a speedy little lady. Congrats to sarah, that is so awesome!! Good luck with state!!

Celeste said...

I LOVE IT!!! You know come rain or shine, hell or high water, sleet or snow, hurricane or typhoon...etc etc etc!!! I will be there. Lots of love.

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Ok, I know, it's me again, but I just have to tell you I get a lump in my throat. I feel like Mom! =) That's all...oh, and love and miss you.

Ethington Family said...

that is awesome!! How great that family was there for her and were able to cheer her on. I sure wish I could have been there to cheer on my darling Sarah. We sure had fun with her at the family reunion. I will never forget the kindness Sarah showed to Katie. I love you Sarah, sweet girl. Good job with the race and let us know how state goes. Take care.
mary

Mandi E said...

Sarah has the speed my kids only THINK they have. That's amazing. I'm so proud of her for showing her strength of character. Good work.