Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our Teenager turns 14!!

And the birthday girl is...Emily Marie. Introducing our 14 year old! (Funny sidenote. Emily was born on a rainy day and today, it was raining!)
Emily gets a new bedding set, socks, a down vest, two shirts and a pair of pants!
Because we didn't have any candles we gave Emily "14 cupcakes". She graciously shared them with us. Happy Birthday Emmy!

What we love about Emily -

Nicholas says: "she's nice!"
Macy says: "I loved it when Emily jumped with me on the trampoline and we jumped really high and I bounced on my head and we laughed. And also I liked it when we planted flowers together cuz it was fun."
Ethan says: "Emily is nice and funny and kind and loves to play around. I like to laugh and play with her."
Sarah says: "I love how caring Emily is to me and how she sticks up for me when someone hurts me. We have had lots of great times together hanging out, talking and laughing about funny things."
Mom says; "I love how Emily has always had the ability to reason and to listen. Ever since she was so little, she would listen attentively. She was actively listening to ideas and thoughts. She is good at making friends - I remember vividly seeing her among her little friends and watching with pride how comfortable and accepting she was with them. I remember the first time she gave me an absolute belly laugh - she can make me laugh hard. I love how delightful and witty she is. But most importantly, I love watching her grow into a lovely lady with a growing testimony and a desire to do good.
Dad says: "I remember so well the moment Emily was born. She was crying a little as the doctor handed her to her mommy. I was looking at her, just above her and I said, "Hey sweetheart. This is your father speaking." She stopped crying and turned to my voice. I was struck by her ability at such an age to listen and to "reasonably" look to her daddy. I love her ability to reason and to seek understanding."

5 comments:

Ethington Family said...

Tell Emily, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! She is so fun, and sweet and all those wonderful things you said. I sure am glad she is part of the family. Reading what you all wrote got me a little emotional. It's clear to see she is loved!

Mandi said...

Oh How I love Emily. What a great girl. I hope her birthday was a good one, even though it was raining.

Mike and Deb said...

Happy Happy Birthday Emmily! You are such a sweetheart! I love whenever I come into town you are always offering hugs and so happy to see me...it makes me feel so happy that even though I live far away you kids have always remembered who I am! Love ya!

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Happy brithday Em! We also love so much about you. You are so sure of who you are and what you know to be true, you are hilarious, you are a great friend (to your family as well), you dare to ask questions to learn more about what you don't know, and much more! We love you and hope you had a great day!

Paco Belle said...

Thank you all for those sweet notes to Emily! I will make sure she gets those - it makes me so pleased as her mother to know you all adore her like I do! And appreciate her! Thanks!! Lvoe to you all - Michele and Emily