Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nicholas gives us a scare!


Well Jed and I ended up in the ER with our sweet boy Nicholas yesterday afternoon. The story goes like this:
I was on the phone with dad, loading Nicholas into the car, on my way to go pick up the Muddy Crew as they were done with the mud VB tourney. I realized I had forgotten plastic bags so I left Nico in the car and ran in. When I got back, he was out of his seat so I buckled him in, noticing he was chewing on something but assumed it was the snacks I leave in the car. I get in my seat and notice a bottle of Ibruprophen. It was open with a few pills out to the side, one appeared to be licked. So I jumped out of the car, ran to Nico's side and said to him, "What are you eating?" while I open his mouth to look. He points to the bottle and tells me that its "that". So I rush to pick up Jed, telling him to call Poison Control and/or mom to find out what I need to give him or if I need to get him to the hospital. Well, obviously we ended up at the hospital in the ER, giving our smiling boy a full cup of charcoal. UGH! His first drink, he sucked it through a straw and looked in the cup, uttering matter-of-factly "that's sick." Yep its sick but we weren't taking chances. So we stayed a while for them to watch him after he had drank the "black stuff". I got to really watch him and he just bounced about with a smile on his face. Thank goodness, this was not a serious incident.
(picture from day at Gateway)

3 comments:

Mandi E said...

Wow! I just looked at your site yesterday and now I'm WAY behind today. What fun activities and pictures and what cute kidios! I'm glad to know that Nicholas is safe. I'm glad to know that Macy is safe after her fall into the retaining wall. We sure love you guys!

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

I called to ask Mom how Shawn was and just said "How is he?" Figuring she would know I was talking about Shawn and she said, "They say he is going to be fine." This sounded like a new event so I asked her what she meant and she told me what had happened to Nico!! I'm so glad that he is fine! No more drama, hear me!!? We don't need any more!

Ethington Family said...

I as so glad he is ok. That stuff is so scary. I love you guys, glad every one is safe.