First of all, I want my dear sister-in-laws, Debbie, Shannon, GeriLyn, Audra, Mary and Mandi, who were not able to make it to this weekend retreat to know they were SO SO missed!! We can't wait for the time you join us next.
This was such a wonderful, relaxing, and bonding experience for us! We ate wonderful meals at the Cheesecake Factory, twice - one evening we each got a slice of cheesecake and shared with everyone (11 different cheesecake slices!); got our spouses and children little thank-you gifts (not to mention a little spending on self :-) ); went to 2 movies; visited Jamey's lovely home; rode in a sporty Charger and Durango; swam each morning in Krystin's pool and soaked some rays; read a book; stayed up each evening laughing, crying, sharing testimonies and silly stories including Chrisy's crazy experience with a gal she visit taught who shaved her head in Chrisy's living room!, vacuuming tarantulas, Cathy's many proposals, Sandi's cockroach/jumping spider in the bathroom, Krystin's first year with Mike, etc.; feeling loved and supported in our roles as mothers and wives.
I am so grateful to Mom for her presence. She is truly an amazing woman! I adore her and value what she has to say in her efforts to teach and nurture us all and be our forever friend. Thank you Krystin for sharing your home! Thank you sisters for your patience with me and friendship - I love you and admire you more than you know! Can't wait for the next time to be with each of you!
Pictured - SandiRae, Mom and Cathy at Red Robin. All of us (with an unexpected guest! ha!) at Cheesecake Factory - Mom, Me, Cathy, Chrisy, Gina (unexpected guest) Jamey with her Grant next to her and Russell, Krystin, Tasha and Sandi. Outside Krystin and Mike's lovely home and in front of our sporty weekend car - Gina, Chrisy, Krystin, Sandi, Mom, Cathy and Me.
4 comments:
My sweet sweet friend, it sounds like you had a wodnerful time. I am so glad and belated happy birthday to you. It was so good to see everyone in town last week. I too have been counting my blessing lately with all that I have been going through. Thinking back over the years, wow, we have done a lot and I love you dearly. I wish we were closer in distance but you I know love you and your wonderful family. Thanks for your sweet letters and for all the prayers.
Love ya
Deb
Looks like tons of fun. I wish we could have gotten together. We love and miss you!
Oh Michele, thank you, thank you for posting some pictures of the weekend. It sounds like you all had a great time. I hope to make it next go round.
Thank you so much for posting pictures and missing us. I missed you guys too. It sounds like a blast. I wish I could have worked it out to join you- maybe next time. I don't know why but reading this post made me want to cry with happiness. I love you sisters and am so happy we love each other and can bond. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment