Monday, September 8, 2008

September Birthdays- Birthdays come but once a year!

This year we celebrated the September Birthdays for one last time in our home in Payson. Lucky for us, Dad came up from Arizona to celebrate. We had a wonderful day. The day started out crazy with the Onion Days Labor Day Parade. I've never seen anything like it! It was freezing - rain pouring, hail stinging and wind swooshing - and the parade continued! It will be forever etched in our minds as the most hilarious, most crazy, most wet, most freezing cold Parade ever!
Anyhow, the birthday party started at 2 pm. The weather finally warmed up and the sun was just a shinin' for our party. It was glorious.
During the course of all the fun, I found myself watching my dear family members and counting my many blessings. I was thoroughly enjoying the moment, watching the children play and the adults participating in whatever activity they desired throughout the time together. At one time there were two mini-volleyball games going on, kids jumping on the tramp, kids and grown-ups playing baseball, a doubles wuffle ball game, kids pushing each other on the "jeep", kids on the play set and people visiting. I was on "cloud 9" seeing everyone content and enjoying themsleves! I was grateful we had the party one last time at our home before we make our move. This really is a fun place for parties!
Happy Birthday AJ, Michele, Jens, Kenzie, Dad, Emily, Sarah, Evan, and Ryan!!!

2 comments:

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

That was a rad party!! Thanks for all the fun!

Ethington Family said...

That looks like you guys had a good time. that is what i miss about being next to family.